A key to growing your Instagram profile is having a high quality and damn good-looking photos. Today I’m sharing my favorite and instant go-to apps to edit your Instagram photos with you.
Luckily the easiest way to do this is by using you smart phone combined with some dope photography apps to help you take your photos from zero to hero… or something cheesy like that 🙂
1. Snapseed – FREE
“Snapseed is a complete and professional photo editor developed by Google.” – App Store
This app is freaking awesome when it comes to retouching your photos. If you want to take your editing skills to pro-level this app is for you.
The app includes a ton of tools with some of the best being:
- Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control (7 controls)
- Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
- Transform – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
- Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
- Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits (11 Bokeh types)
- Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits (6 styles)
- Face – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin (10 predefined styles)
Trust me you want to try this app, that’s why it’s number one on my list. ?
2. VSCO – FREE
“The best app to edit & share photography. Edit your photos with film-inspired filters & professional image tools.” – App Store
VSCO has some super dope filters to make your images look amazing. ✌️
Ever heard of that little thing called color grading? This app nails it with its filters — they’re honestly so so damn good.
Here are the features as listed on the iTunes app store:
- Film-like presets to give your pics a high-quality, professional film look.
- Download hundreds of free and paid filters in the store.
- Includes 19 of the best editing tools including exposure, contrast, and crop.
- RAW editing, including high-resolution images.
- Easily capture moments with the in-app camera, including manual controls.
I always recommend you use VSCO first to edit your photo, make adjustments and do standard editing then move to other apps after.
3. AfterLight – $0.99 (totes worth it)
“Afterlight is the perfect image editing app for quick and straight forward editing.” – App Store
Afterlight is the only paid app I’m listing here.
It’s only $0.99 which is super good on the bank statement. #winning ?
The app is brilliant for adding textures and frames. These really make your photos stand out to the next level.
They’re not a 100% necessary step to apply to your photos but can make them super cool so I couldn’t resist to tell you about it.
Here’s what’s included:
- 15 adjustment tools
- 74 filters
- 78 textures
- Cropping and transforming tools
- Frames (they put your image into a letter or shape)
4. A Color Story – FREE
“A Color Story focuses on fresh photos, bright whites, and colors that pop. Rather than forcing you into a moody look” – App Store
No lie, this app is super cool.
Need help making sure your edits are dope? No problem!
It’s super fun and easy to use this app so you won’t have to be a tekwiz for this app?
Here are the features listed on the app store:
- 100+ carefully crafted filters, incl. purchases
- 40+ movable effects, incl. purchases
- 20 FREE tools, including curves
- Custom filters saved from your editing steps
5. Cymera – FREE
“Cymera is a powerful editor and an all-in-one beauty camera.” – App Store
Here’s one for you beauty gurus!
An all-in-one app to help you bring out the sexy in a photograph. With lots of features, you can apply any adjustment you need to make sure your photograph is model magazine worthy.
The beauty features:
- Best For a Natural-Looking Glow
- Professional Filters For Fabulous Results
- Variety of Camera Lenses and Silent Mode
- Collage and No Crop InstaFit Features
- Retouch Your Photos Instantly Without Photoshop
- Shape your dream body with new features!
- Super Easy and Fast Editing Tools
- Upgrade Photos with Unique Items
6. Fotor Photo Editor – FREE
“Fotor is a one-stop photo editing, sharing and sale platform. It’s considered the PhotoShop lite” – App Store
Boom! #6 is an app which has been labeled as a Photoshop Lite.
That means lots of powerful features which are easy for you to use. ?
Most of all there’s a sweet feature which simulates a DLSR (digital camera) and provides you with beautiful depth of field (background blur).
Here are the other features:
- Editing photos with professional picture editor
- Enhanced camera with Photo Grid, Big Button, Burst, Timer, Stabilizer, and Square
- Customize your photography to different lighting situations
- A massive range of updated Photo effects and filters
What are my recommended apps to edit your Instagram photos with?
If it comes down to what my go-to apps are, it would be VSCOCAM and Snapseed to retouch if required (such as removing a spot).
And it’s worth checking out all the free apps to edit your Instagram photos to see what works best for you!
Finally, keep your Instagram feed editing consistent. Keep to a similar look on your photos and that will increase your likes and comments!
So go out there and start grammin’ some cool stuff!
Let me know what you use for your Instagram photo editing.