When you register your domain with your web host, you generally have the option to also create an email address.
The only downside to these web hosts is that they use terrible user interfaces for you to actually access and read your email ?
Today, I’ma show you exactly how to take that custom email you made and access it through the Gmail interface! #balllinnn
The big reason you want to use a custom domain with your Gmail account
For a long time, I wasn’t using an email address with my custom domain, just a normal [email protected] one.
Naturally, this takes away professionalism and it’s something every business owner should do if they haven’t already.
If you’re sending out automated emails with a tool like ConvertKit, this will seriously step up your game and make people take you more seriously.
Since it’s so easy to setup your custom domain with the Gmail interface, why wouldn’t yah?
Step 1 – Create your custom email with your domain.
This step will be different for everyone depending on your web host.
You need to create a custom domain email, such as [email protected]
I’ve included guides below for the most popular hosts and how to create a custom domain:
Step 2- Sign up for Google G Suite
Click here to sign up for Google G Suite: https://gsuite.google.com/
- Click the Get Started button and create your account.
- Fill out the form, where you let them know about your business and details.
- Does your business have a domain? Make sure to choose “YES I HAVE ONE I CAN USE” otherwise you can’t setup your email
- Now you need to “verify” your domain name. The easiest and fastest way to do this is to “insert an HTML tag into your site’s home page”.
- Copy the provided code into your website’s <head> section.
- If you can’t find your <head> section and use WordPress, use this plugin here that will provide an easy-to-edit <head> section.
- After you’ve entered the code into your header, click “verify.”
- Done? Perfect, login to your Google Apps (top right) account and click “Users.” You’ll be able to add new users which let you make custom email addresses. Each one will cost $5 per month. Totes worth it to look like a legitimate business.
- Boom! You’re all done.
Awesome job on stepping up your email game.
If you’re using any email marketing services, make sure to update your email to the one you just created!